Thursday, March 5, 2009

Corporate environment keeps you young

Recently a lady joined my team. Being from a similar industry I had to do some first hand research about her credentials... I was happy with what I heard... with about 12-13 years of experience she was a very objective, level-headed and result oriented person...
The first few weeks were good... I was looking forward to the interaction and it turned out well, until some of her subordinates started feeling insecure about us developing a healthy rapo... my rapo with her predecessor was not so great... I could clearly feel a sense of insecurity within him...
The next two weeks, I started seeing a complete turnaround in the way we interacted... I could sense something amiss... the Hi's started disappearing... and the uncalled aggression started emerging, the one that is so important to protect your domain....
Some times I wonder is corporate life good... I think it very much is... here is a person who sounds so mature in her approach in her previous agency, now turns the other way, based on a subordinate's view who have just started experiencing the true nature of corporate life... in a way corporate life is good, it keeps you young,... in other words, it does not allow you to grow...

No comments: